Friday, May 15, 2009

Harper's Birthday

Harper's first birthday is tomorrow. I can't believe it has already been a year since she was born! Last year at this time, I was in the hospital trying to watch Grey's Anatomy while the nurse was putting the IV in my arm and getting geared up for the cervadil.

What I wasn't expecting was the strange feeling I have at the one year mark. While I am happy that she is growing and learning more every day, I also feel sad that I am losing my baby. It is like every day there is a new step toward her independence--no more bottles, no more formula, self-feeding, etc. I just can't imagine never being able to witness again the amazing things that happen in the first year of a baby's life. God knows the desires of my heart, and I pray that He will let us have another child in His time.

By the way, this blog has been WAY too serious for my liking. I promise I will try to lighten it up soon!

3 comments:

  1. Harper,
    Happy Birthday sweet little girl. Your mommy and daddy love you so very much. It is amazing how much you have grown and developed this year. We love you so much!
    Love,
    Julie, Chad and Parker

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right...it is happy and sad at the same time when they start doing all this growing up. Harper's birthday was perfect! She is such a beautiful and precious baby, just like her mommy! You are a wonderful mommy!

    ReplyDelete